Monday, May 4, 2015

New Month, New Goals and Balance

So here we are, it's May 4th, half-way through the first week of the new month already! Crazy!!!

As I'm writing this I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything I need to get done this week let alone everything I want to get done this week. I think the hardest thing through this whole journey is finding the balance. There are busy seasons, there are extremely busy seasons, there are "normal" seasons (whatever that is) and there are seasons of rest. The hard part is finding balance in all of it and keeping consistent, and that is where I tend to struggle. 

I used to almost give-up saying "I just can't do this, this is to much" and I would put my eating and work-outs aside then come back and pick up again. Anymore, I have my little pity-party, usually my husband coaches me through those and I get back up again and may just have an off day or two instead of an off week or month. But, IT...IS...HARD... The struggle is real my friends!!!! 


Today and all weekend for that matter I have been tired and not just "tired" I am EXHAUSTED and sleepy tired. I could sleep ALL DAY LONG! I get frustrated when I'm tired like this because I feel like I'm working out I should have more energy, why am I not out conquering the world?!?! Well, that's just not reality. The reality is I'm still human, I'm still a wife, and I'm still a momma to three little ones. My husband was so gracious and let me sleep whenever I could this past crazy, busy weekend and I am so thankful for that. Anyhow, I said all that just to let you know if you are struggling with the same thing I am right there with you. Just don't give up, do what you can when you can! No matter how small it may seem it all counts, every little change you do will add up I promise! 

So today is Move it Monday! My plan for today is  a walk on the treadmill and this month's Buttchallenge. I will start with that then see how I feel about doing any more workouts for the day. 





May Goals:
*Continue to increase my Mileage per week (Running goal)
*Continue to do workout DVD's 3-4x week (Strength and Endurance)
*Start adding in more free weight workouts (Strength)
*30Day Butt Challenge (Strength and toning)
*Continue Drinking gallon water/day
*Focus more on Clean Eating and eating the right amount

I will assess my goals weekly to see if they are working for me.

What are some of your goals for May?
Do you struggle with balance too and how do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment