Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What I'm Up To and Why So Quiet?

I have been a little quiet lately, and honestly I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of weeks and at first I wasn't sure what was up. Then this past week I got really sick with a sore scratchy throat, coughing at night then I lost my voice and then I felt even worse. What's up? Allergies is what's up!!! I totally didn't even realize that this tree is a Lilac



and I am VERY allergic to them and we actually have two trees in full bloom right now. Ack! These things have seriously kicked my booty! So hubs has graciously agreed to start to hack off all the blooms until we can figure out what to replace it with.

So, what have I been doing lately? As far as workouts, I've  pretty much done nothing and it's been very discouraging. I even had my own pity party of one over the past couple of days and well, it pretty much sucked. So, party is over I'm going to be proud of what I am doing with my meals and keep moving forward. Once my body is ready to start working out again I will... and I'm hoping I can get in a short run tomorrow. It really has been hard to not be able to work out. I'm really surprised I've missed it as much as have, but I do!


Anyhow, this is why I've been somewhat quiet and I'm doing my best to not be discouraged. I know these things happen even if I don't like it, that's just part of the process. I have had a lot of people ask me if I'm losing weight which has helped encourage me. And you know what? That stinkin' scale isn't moving much, but my clothes are fitting different! I say this to encourage you and to encourage me, it really is the little things and as long as we stay focused and consistent it will all come together! 


By the way, when I was trying to have a pity party I really wanted some sweet goodies to go with it but for good reason I don't have many in the house. 

Just curious what are some of your favorite guilt-"less" treats are? I typically have an apple or banana with Almond Butter and cinnamon but I wanted something more like a cookie or ice cream! Anything, like that?

I would LOVE for you to share your favorite sweet treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment